Engineering Department Manager
Our client strives to be a global steel reference through a ground-breaking approach delivering best-in -class service to their clients. They produce more than 2.4 million tons of steel annually
Your duties and challenges:
- Develop the business of engineering related to our rebar cut and bend operations: starting with redesign services and moving later on into new designs of steel structures with our product range.
- Ensure the workflow of the draftsmen team in the company (X people) is working properly.
- Boost the activities of the company in the BIM field.
- Coordination with the sales team to ensure the value proposition is well understood by the customers.
We expect from you:
- More than 8 years experience in the engineering field. Civil Engineering degree is mandatory.
- Deep knowledge about Spanish design codes both for concrete and steel.
- Experience on setting up new engineering teams and developing the business.
- Commercial skills to identify the real needs of a customer, give them confidence, and provide them with a solution that fits on their budget and timeframe.
- Proven experience managing a team of engineers and draftsmen.
- High command of Spanish and English.
- Knowledge about steel structures design according to Eurocodes.
- Knowledge about local codes in UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and Poland.
- Join the fastest growing cut and bend company in Spain, integrated into a large organization in the steel industry with operative units in 7 countries across Europe.
- Work in our offices located in Barcelona.
- Possibilities to make the engineering organization expand within the group as much as you are able to make it grow.
Talent Search People is an international recruitment agency based in Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon. We provide highly specialised recruitment services within our four areas of expertise: Sales & Marketing, IT & E-Commerce, Native Speakers and Finance & Administration.