Database Infrastructure Technical Lead
IT & E-Commerce
Firmenich, the world largest privately-owned fragrance flavor company, creating fragrances and flavors for the world's most desirable brands.
As the Database Infrastructure Technical Lead you will be the hands-on responsible the database projects and the infrastructure support for the whole brand.
You will be in charge to oversee the development of databases and big data platform making technology choices, doing architectural design, deploying, securing and documenting of supported its management systems.
Also, you will:
- Be part of Technology Architecture Advisory Board (TARB), ensure considerations are taken by project teams about High availability, disaster recovery aligned with business RTO and RPOs.
- Ensure obsolescence management of database engine versions, derive necessary budget and propose project plan for upgrades, ensure alignment with application owners.
- Act as third level support in case of major incidents and crisis.
- Accountable to ensure Build To Run.
- Contract and vendor management for the domain, including but not restricted to Oracle, Microsoft, Postgres, MapR.
- Perform yearly OPEX and CAPEX budget exercise, while considering capacity, performance, upgrades, tech refresh, etc.
- Proactively following market trends in technology, anticipating impacts on the current environment and proposing future adaptations or renewals.
- Strong Technical knowledge of multiple database and big data platforms, Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL, Postgres and MapR and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- English: C1
- Excellent ability to lead and drive activities and work in close collaboration with application engineers, security engineers, network engineers, system engineer, DBAs.
- Team player, acting as a mentor to others and not afraid to learn new methodologies in a new company.
- Great “can-do” attitude
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong communicating skills
- Ability to build non-technical presentations and present to senior audience.
- Very competitive salary
- Possibility of partial remote work + flexible schedule
- Dynamic international environment
- Technological trainings
- Possibilities of bringing ideas to life
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (ext. 283)