Business Unit Director
Our client is a direct sales and marketing agency, which specialises in the IT Industry. They help with contacting and managing suspects, prospects and customers with the objective of developing and growing the business of their clients. The company uses marketing databases, telephone, email or web in order to achieve results that are measurable and profitable.
It was founded in 1996 in Bournemouth. It currently has 400 employees across 3 sites, which include Bournemouth, England, Boston, USA and Barcelona, Spain.
A marketing agency that covers 14-16 languages and has a truly multicultural and multilingual environment. A company offering career opportunities in sales within the field of IT.
Business Unit Directors report directly to the Company President and have Profit Loss responsibility for their Business Unit. In this position, the Director will typically have between 12-15 direct reports and up to 150 total staff per Business Unit.
- Care about clients personally, much as a business owner-manager would, in the knowledge that an unhappy client ultimately means lost jobs and lost profits.
- Execute all client work awarded to his/her Business Unit with excellence, thus enhancing the company´s reputation both with its clients and in the market place for its services.
- Manage the business with care, by knowing and caring about all the people and activities within his/her Business Unit, and pro-actively fixing issues before they become problems.
- Prioritise and ensure the long-term sustainability and profitability of the business over short-term “quick fixes”, much as a business owner-manager would.
- be able to successfully sell and deliver all of the company´s current and future products and services
- Deliver predictable profitable revenue growth by providing accurate forecasts in a timely manner, and hitting agreed revenue and margin targets for your Business Unit.
- Foster strong, loyal client relationships by giving both the Client and the execution team strategic direction as appropriate to ensure money spent with the company provides a worthy ROI.
- Set appropriate standards with staff in terms of desired behaviours set clear boundaries around good and bad behaviour.
- Drive culture through events, kick-offs, company meetings, shadowing other meetings in the Business Units, walking the floor leadership of their teams.
- The problems faced by a Business Unit Director will be numerous (and challenging!) and he or she must be a highly capable problem solver that constantly seeks to understand the “root cause” of a problem.
- Control the a whole office of the business, managing Teamleaders from different Sales teams.
- Very strong leader that must be a clear thinker and have the ability to express ideas in a way which helps his or her teams achieve its objectives
- Analytical and Strategic person
- Allround management qualities
- Experience in Finance, Accounts, Operational side and Sales
- Strong personality, good listener, energetic
- Problem solving instead of problem identifier
- People management skills, including coaching and leadership at the highest level
- C1 level of English
- Competitive salary
- Traveling involved
- International challenging environment
- Growth and development
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext 167)
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext 167)
Talent Search People is an international recruitment agency based in Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon. We provide highly specialised recruitment services within our four areas of expertise: Sales & Marketing, IT & E-Commerce, Native Speakers and Finance & Administration.