Mobile Product Owner
IT & E-Commerce
We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that power ocado.com, the world's largest onlineonly grocery retailer and groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Ocado are constantly looking for ways to disrupt ourselves in order to remain the best in the world at what we do. For Ocado Technology that means constantly evolving our competencies, structures, culture, values and ways of working in order to power Ocado wherever it decides to go.
Achieving this vision means we need to constantly reinvent ourselves, constantly learning fast, constantly evolving our craftsmanship and constantly taking risks.
We are rapidly expanding. While our head office operations are based in the UK, we currently have five development offices across Europe, with our Barcelona office being one to watch out for.
As Product Owner, you would join the mobile development team which creates our suite of mobile apps. Across Android and iOS they’re now responsible for over 40% of our weekly orders. Our native apps were some of the first shopping apps in the world on each platform and have won numerous industry awards. As our consumer becomes increasingly mobile this is an area with proven potential for growth.
As the sole Product Owner in our Barcelona office you will be heavily involved with the direction of product development and will be the bridge between our retail businesses and the development teams. The environment is one of Agile Development with Scrum Kanban based teams and a focused approach to constant delivery of high value, working software. This is a perfect opportunity to be part of the Barcelona development team as it grows its development and PO community.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the product vision and strategy to drive our grocery websites and apps forward
- Product backlog management, including defining user stories and prioritisation
- Working with stakeholders to prioritise stories to maximise business value created by the development teams for your product
- Focusing the development teams on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements so that they can concentrate on what they do best: creating a great product
- Facilitating development by working with design and UX teams to ensure the developers have the things they need to keep moving forwards
- Constantly monitoring progress, looking for ways to improve the product and make adjustments based on strategic goals
What we want from you:
- A top degree from a good university, ideally in a numeric or analytical discipline
- Experience of Agile software development methodologies
- Strong business skills
- An understanding and appreciation for software development and design, solid technical skillset and an analytic mind set
Would be nice if you had:
- A strong track record in the retail, e-commerce or commercial software development sectors
- Experience as CEO, product owner or manager of a startup company
- Previous experience in a Product Development role
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in costbenefit analysis and constructing business cases
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment (phew!) where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
(+34) 615 25 86 01
(+34) 615 25 86 01
Talent Search People es una consultoría internacional de selección de personal, ubicada en Barcelona, Madrid y Lisboa. Somos expertos seleccionando perfiles en cuatro áreas de especialización: Comercial y Marketing, IT & E-Commerce, Native Speakers y Finanzas y Administración.