Now that summer arrived, we are happy to wear lighter clothes and more colors. But fashion today may not conform to the working style. Professionals are evaluated – whether consciously or unconsciously – on the clothes they wear, that´s why the way you dress is so important.
If you are entering to work in a company that has no explicit dress code, here are some tips to help you not going too casual or inappropriate. As a general rule, try to fit in to the culture of your company.
- 1. Sneakers: reserve them for your morning run!
- 2. Flip-flops: You wouldn’t wear a bikini at work, so why would you wear flip-flops? They are just for the beach!
- 3. Facial hair shouldn't overwhelm your face: keep it trimmed and tidy to maintain a professional look.
- 4. Wrinkled clothes: you would seem neglect.
- 5. Flashy-colored clothes: they can be distracting and the visual equivalent of shouting.
- 6. Don´t over-accessorize: remember this simple rule “less is more” and use them only to complete your outfit.
- 7. Crop tops and mini shorts/skirts: it´s not appropriate to wear tight, sexy or too cropped clothes to work.
- 8. No deep neckline: it´s all a matter of size.
- 9. Very high heels: you should be comfortable to work!
- 10. Dry you hair, don´t leave your house with wet hair it looks like you´re not organized.