Stress can be positive for your work and life, but when it becomes negative you have to react quickly to not let it disturb you in your day to day.
We experience stress when we feel that situations are out of our control, most of the time we become irritable and it has an impact on our health and sleep. Here are some ways to not let you get overwhelmed by stress.
- - Breathe! Deep breathing will restore balance, and help you focusing on yourself and not your stress.
- - Do one thing at a time and eliminate interruptions.
- - Don’t make mountains out of molehills. Don´t create extra drama, overthink or create a problem out of something that doesn’t matter that much.
- - Ask instead of guessing. Misunderstandings lead to problems from all parts, that´s why you have to communicate instead. You’ll have a lot less unnecessary conflicts, negativity and more time to invest.
- - Prepare your bag and outfit before going to sleep. It may seem nothing, but it will save you a few minutes in the morning and help you to organize to get to work.
- - Don´t let yourself be surrounded by anxiousness. Don´t let your colleagues communicate their stress.
- - Don´t participate in gossips or bad atmosphere of the office.
- - Try to figure out exactly what is making you unhappy. Is it a co-worker? Is it your job? Once you´ve identified the problem, it will be easier to find the solution.
- - Stop procrastinating and organize your work.
- - Be a fighter because feeling like a victim will just increase your stress and make you feel depressed.
- - Disconnect over the weekend. Do things you love, things that not have anything to do with your work. See some friends and exercise so you let your body expulse all the negative toxins.
If you really can´t stand anymore your work, take a break and go on holidays or think about making a career change.