The expression “sometimes less is more”, makes sense in many cases. Thus, we must be aware that a creative CV doesn’t necessarily mean it is catchy. We should always notice what kind of profile we want to show to the recruiter.
Before making a creative CV there are a number of special requirements you should pay special attention to:
- - Be careful if you are using the first ideas that come to your mind! Sometimes being too spontaneous is not the best
- - A creative CV is better suited for a position that requires creativity
- - Your CV should be viable
- - You should follow the stages mentioned above to assure you are doing it right
Once you have these 4 recommendations clear, it’s time to take action! Follow the steps we give you to create an outstanding CV.
A creative CV is all about format. The advantages of making this type of CV is that you stand out from the others. You should keep in mind that the people in charge of reading CVs, revise hundreds of them daily and if your CV is eye-catching it will probably be recalled.
CREATIVE CV STAGES
- Analysis Stage
- Strategy Stage
- Creative Stage
- As a result of the other two stages, you obtain a creative concept according to the established strategy. The creative paths are subjective, thus inspiration can come at the most unexpected moments. Therefore it is important to find a method where you have opportunity to transfer your ideas when they come to your mind.
- Materialization stage
To avoid expiration it’s important to update the content according to subsequent knowledge and experiences. You can also keep up with new trends and innovate the format.
Are you clear now on what to put in your CV? If you are lacking inspiration, take a look at Canva selection of 50 designs that might inspire you.