Mechanical Design Engineer
San Diego, USA
Engineering & Pharma
Ingeniería estadounidense multinacional con clientes en todo tipo de sectores.
Designs and analyzes mechanical parts, systems, equipment, and packaging that achieve desired cost, requirements, schedule, and performance objectives.
Conducts feasibility studies, generates concepts, builds prototypes, and performs testing on new and modified designs.
Conducts design capability evaluations (theoretical and empirical), as well as product life and reliability analyses.
Performs root-cause failure analysis.
Determines and selects appropriate materials, as well as fabrication, manufacturing, and finishing methods for parts and assemblies.
Supports personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
Interfaces with clients to assist in the gathering of requirements and objectives, as well as to deliver status updates.
Provides design information to drafting for documentation.
• Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 2 years and a Master’s degree.
• Excellent grasp of fundamentals of mechanical engineering and systems development.
• Understanding and proficient use of 2D and 3D CAD software and file management, along with the associated analyses tools such as FEA (particularly in Solid Works).
• Understanding of mechanical engineering FUNDAMENTALS and analyses (mechanics of solids, dynamics, fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, material science, physics, chemistry, engineering statistics, basic electronics, mathematics, vibrations, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of modern FABRICATION, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing processes, along with when and how to most effectively use them (standard milling and turning, plastic injection molding, roto-molding, extrusions, casting, sheet metal fabrication, laser cutting, dye cutting, water jet, plunge and wire EDM, vacuum forming, thermal forming, anodizing, painting, surface coating, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical electrical DRIVE COMPONENTS , along with when and how to most effectively use them (various types of motors, solenoids, encoders, gears, belts, pulleys, guides, clutches, bearings, brakes, lubrication, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical electrical FLUIDIC HANDLING components, along with when and how to most effectively use them (numerous types of pumps, fans, fluidic seals, valves, pressure transducers, heaters, flow meters, filters, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of MECHANICAL FASTENING and sealing methodologies, along with when and how to most effectively use them (different types of bolts, screws, washers, nuts, rivets, metal welding, ultrasonic welding, heat staking, various types of adhesives, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of 2D drawing generation for parts and assemblies, including the proper use of ASME, ASTM, and GD&T guidelines, as well as in typical inspection and metrology best practices.
• Multinational company
• Flexible conditions
• Home office
• Attractive salary
(+34) 93 231 00 00 ext 157