You can no longer apply to this job. This job is no longer available. Please contact us if you're interested in jobs like this one.
Students Service Coordinator
Finance & Legal
Our client is an important private University based in Barcelona.
As an Academic Officer, you will help the Academic Counselor in several organizational-administrative tasks inherently the Academic Department.
You will help fulfilling these functions:
• Prepare timetables for each semester: Decide on groups opening, creation assignation of students, development of timetables and room allocation. Design of tailor made timetables according to student needs.
• Students enrollments for students already enrolled at EU: Send and collect applications, create delivery notes and assign the classes for the semesters taking in consideration if the student need a tailor-made timetable. Coordinate the issue of DN with Accounting for invoicing.
• Enrollment and follow up of transfer students among EU campuses and set academic path. Establish communication between transferring campus, register the student and send the required documents for admission and VISA procedures if applicable. Inform the accommodation responsible in order to make the necessary arrangements.
• Coordination with the Accounting Department (delivery notes, invoices, payments). Keep track of students with outstanding tuition and in cooperation with accounting track those payments, make sure that outstanding tuition students do not receive official documentation from EU. Also communication of student’s cancellations. Coordinate professor’s attendance and verify classes taught corrections, committees, etc.
• Coordination with the Admissions Department for new students, transfers, a design of academic path if applicable. Communication flow between departments: assist them when a candidate have academic doubts about the programs; be informed of enrollments trends and forecast
• Coordination with Marketing Department for special courses, counselors and agents meetings, and other events that can have students or potential students/professors involved.
• Elaboration student lists for semester including all students enrolled (including admissions), keeping track of cancellations, withdrawals and students who have finish their students.
• Oversee punctuality and other rules imposed are respected by staff, students and faculty as dress code, team respect, tasks delivery, well-kept premises, phone etiquette, etc.
• Promote excellence in faculty teaching, service, professional growth/development, and academic achievement.
• Respond promptly to the needs of faculty, staff, and students
• Supervise the coordination student activities, attend occasionally industrial visits or other academic activities, and also welcome corporate speakers or invited lecturers at EU.
• Actively participate in activities of faculty committees and meetings.
• Planning process for the school's programs: keep them updated with old and new procedures: grades template, class lists, etc, slides templates, rules and regulations, etc.
• Provide academic counseling/ advising to students and faculty follow up on performing tasks:
Probation letters, GPA congratulation, deal with complaints, attendance warnings, and run individual meetings each semester the week after exams, etc.
• Solving student problems and identifying necessities, meet them individually for counseling.
• Put in place all current and future quality measures. Coordination with the Accreditation Head
• Collaborate on new implementations as Moodle or database, make good use of them, and promote this use among staff, students and professors if applicable.
• Collection and entering of final grades to database and create statistics to detect deficiencies. Deliver official grades to students punctually, follow up faculty queries on grading and punctuality of grade deliver.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
-Passion for the Academic/administrative world is crucial
-Experience in Educational background is a plus
-Experience of living abroad will be a plus
-Fluent English; other languages will be a plus (Catalan, Spanish)
-Computer Literacy (word processing, excel, database)
-Oral Written Communication Skills
-Team building and Leadership Skills
-Quality and results orientated
-Cross Culturally aware
-Working hours: full time, Mon-Fri
(+34) 93 231 00 00 Ext. 212
(+34) 93 231 00 00 Ext. 212
Talent Search People is an international recruitment agency based in Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon. We provide highly specialised recruitment services within our four areas of expertise: Sales & Marketing, IT & E-Commerce, Native Speakers and Finance & Administration.