Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
Finance & Legal
Our client is a multinational company specialized in industrial and medical gas and equipment supplier sector.
The company has opened a pan-European Shared Service Centre based in Barcelona. Apart from the financial transaction functions, this centre also houses all of European accounting and administrative functions
The main Accountant functions:
- Join the Northern Continent Financial Accounting department and cooperate with the Accountant Team leader for France, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands responsible for all key compliance deadlines of the French subsidiaries assigned.
- Timely and accurate data preparation on a French GAAP basis for external reporting to Tax Authorities and our external Auditors. Additionally, the job holder needs to work on the timely monthly reporting for US GAAP in accordance with the Company’s Month-end Closing schedule.
- Prepare the French GAAP Statutory Accounts for the French subsidiaries assigned in a timely manner which includes the preparation of working papers and related schedules for the external audit of the accounts in order to obtain a clean sign-off for the annual accounts by our external auditor.
- Responsible for the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis in line with company policy. If the preparation of the account reconciliations requires the cooperation with peer groups and/or with other functional areas, the person will be responsible for ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed and filed correctly for the French entities assigned.
- Under supervision of the Technical Team leader for France, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands the person needs to set own priorities and work plan within the overall framework of the Financial accounting group and corporate deadlines.
- Practical work experience of 3 to 5 years in the preparation of annual French GAAP accounts
- Tax knowledge about French Corporate Tax Returns and specific local taxes (i.e. Organic Tax, Medical Tax, Property Tax)
- Working Experience in a team with other senior and junior accountants.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a large multi-disciplined environment
- French GAAP Accounting study degree
- Office skills
- Working with SAP is considered as an advantage
English - High level
French - Native level
- Competitive Salary
- 6 months + permanent contract.
- Immediate incorporation.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 198)