Project Accountant - Multinational Company
Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
Finance & Legal
The company is an industrial and medical gas and equipment suppliers.
Founded in 1940, it is widely renowned for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to environmental safety and protection. It has annual sales of 10 billion dollars, operates in some thirty countries around the world and has 20,000 employees.
The company has opened a pan-European Shared Service Centre based in Barcelona. Apart from the financial transaction functions, this centre also houses all of European accounting and administrative functions.
Working within the standards required by SOX, GAAP corporate, maintain the accounting and administrative records of project and assist management operate the projects, the person will be responsible for:
- Review and validate documentation of new projects and manage the accounting transactions.
- Issue relevant control reports and work with Project Managers.
- Take appropriate actions to capitalize and close projects on timely basis per specific country regulations.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts.
- On receiving ad hoc requests for information or support, considering the differences between each European country.
- With project managers, carry out income and cost recognition by transferring income and costs from the project.
- Provide information and evidences to internal and external auditors.
We look for a person with the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting of Finance.
- 2-3 years of experience in Management or Finance accounting.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own own schedule to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong SAP and Excel skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High level of English
- Others European languages will be an asset: preferable Russian, Arabic or/and Spanish.
- 6 months + Permanent contract
- Multinational and multicultural environment.
- Flexibility with the working hours
- Competitive Salary
- Immediate Incorporation
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 206)