Backend Developer (Ruby on Rails)
IT & E-Commerce
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future - for a better working life!
14 million members worldwide use XING to meet up on our platform, find jobs, colleagues, new assignments, cooperation partners and experts.
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product.
- You work in close collaboration with both developers and product management in an Agile context.
- You'll need to be well-organized, pragmatic and good at communication.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate engineer, with expertise in modern web technologies across the whole stack e.g. Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Backbone JS, Marionette, who is:
- constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
- familiar with agile methodologies and enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- fluent in English.
- experienced in iOS or Android development.
- a regular contributor to open source projects.
- fluent in Spanish and German.
- Fluent in Spanish and German.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, jQuery, Git, Jenkins…
- Regular innovation weeks.
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A multicultural and diverse environment with employees from all over the world.
- Subsidised restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- Company pension plan.
- Spanish and German lessons.
- Realocation pack if needed.
- A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- Competitive salary and permanent contract (“contrato indefinido”).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we're doing (https://devblog.xing.com) while also organising public user groups and coding events.