Backend Developer (Ruby)
IT & E-Commerce
Our client is one of the hottest technological start-ups in the logistics sector. It was founded three years ago by three Spanish friends and, since then, the company has experienced a strong growth in five different countries working for top international retailers.
All this success has been backed by renowned investors in Europe. They are the fastest and most flexible delivery solution for omni-channel retailers. Their mission is to help retailers boost their ecommerce sales by offering scheduled deliveries as the new standard, while empowering our partner fleets with innovative technology and processes.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working in the development division and reporting to the CTO. Your objective will be built the app in Ruby on Rails.
You will be responsible for:
- Add new features and upgrading existing ones.
- Work with clients, finding new ways to deliver value.
- Find ways to refactor existing code, increasing test coverage.
- Consider best practices when coding, testing, DRY and strive to do better.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- At least 2 years of experience in backend development in Ruby
- Experience in clean code: readable code based on best practices
- Knowledge and experience with Rails framework
- Knowledge in other programming languages in particular Elixir, Go or Elm
- Knowledge and experience working with external APIs and Test Driven Development
- A self starter with good communication skills.
- Used to working as a team player, not coding alone, good vibes builder.
- Chance to work with technologies such as Go or Scala (a part from Ruby)
- Competitive salary
- Permanent contract with 3 months trial period
- 23 days annual leave
- Being part of an exciting startup project at the heart of Barcelona
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 119)