You can no longer apply to this job. This job is no longer available. Please contact us if you're interested in jobs like this one.
IT & E-Commerce
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
Our mobile development team creates our suite of mobile apps for iOS and android that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. Our iOS app was one of the first transactional shopping apps in the world, and has won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. It has been featured on apple TV advertising and is regularly featured in the Apple App Store. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile phone or tablet.
Skills and Experience
- Licenciado o Titulo de Ingeniero en Ingenieria Informatica o Tecnologias de la Informacion (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills
- An iOS expert, with extensive knowledge of ObjectiveC, and some exposure to Swift
- Extensive experience working on published Appstore apps
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail
- A flexibility and willingness to work on iOS client or our back-end Java stack
- Passion and understanding for TDD
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
-Flexible working hours with short Fridays
-Reduced hours in August
-Private Health Insurance
-Ticket Restaurant Scheme
-Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
-Monthly drinks events
-English and Spanish language courses
Tania Martinez i Torres
(+34) 932 31 00 00 (ext 147)