Java Software Developer
IT & E-Commerce
We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the online platform that powers ocado.com and groceries.morrisons.com which are the largest online-only grocery retailer, and the fastest growing online supermarket in the world!
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
You will be part of our Mobile Web services team which is the backbone of the Mobile Development team. Our Mobile Development team creates our suite of mobile apps for iOS and android that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. Our apps were some of the first transactional shopping apps in the world, and have won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. They are regularly featured in the app and play stores. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile device.
We use Java and Scala, relying on Jersey and Spring to deliver our projects, and we use AWS for all our new deployments. We embrace agile development techniques, and run all our projects as Scrum projects as part of the cross functional mobile team. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all the web services code, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Java Web Service Developer to join the team as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile shopping.
- Título de Licenciado o Grado en Ingeniería Informática (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- Strong OOP and software design skills
- Extensive experience in Java and other OO languages
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Nice to have
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and interest in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Working experience in a micro-services environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile team
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
+34 615 25 86 01
+34 615 25 86 01
Talent Search People is an international recruitment agency based in Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon. We provide highly specialised recruitment services within our four areas of expertise: Sales & Marketing, IT & E-Commerce, Native Speakers and Finance & Administration.