Account Manager with French and Spanish (Specialty Chemicals)
Our client produces essential chemicals and are experts in highly demanding chemistry. Industries worldwide rely on their essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Their unique product portfolio includes cellulosics, salt, organic peroxides, chlor-alkali, bleaching chemicals, expandable microspheres, and surfactants.
They have about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. They built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in their industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability.
- Achieve budget sales targets in assigned geographical area.
- Establish, develop and strengthen business relations with customers and distributors.
- Ensure the promotion of the new products/ product lines within the assigned area.
-Identify and validate business opportunities by understanding (potential) customer needs and translating them into a value proposition.
- Forecasting of customers' demand (in Arkieva) for the assigned area.
- Provide the customers with required technical information and ensure optimal handling of complaints.
- Develop value propositions, negotiate and prepare contracts in line with price guidance and according to authorization schedule.
- Monitor the order to cash process (including payment behavior of customers).
- Take part in exhibitions, either as visitor and/or stand crew.
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by periodical and/or ad hoc reports using the systems and tools agreed (10-10-5-5, CRM, Arkieva, etc.).
- Share with other account managers / colleagues relevant market intelligence information and strive for joint customer approach where applicable.
- Follow business principles and policies and live up to the company's core principles and values.
Essential educational qualifications, relevant experience and requested skills:
- Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or technical environment
- 3-5 years experience in Sales in the B2B chemical industry / technical environment
- Collaborative cross-functional team player
- Strong business acumen, customer focus, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong drive for results and capacity to take initiatives.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good MS Office skills, SAP skills would be advantageous
- Enthusiasm for travel
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Salary review per year
- Meals and travel expenses covered
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 214)