You can no longer apply to this job. This job is no longer available. Please contact us if you're interested in jobs like this one.
Collections Associate with Excellent French and Portuguese
Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
Our client is a chemical multinational company with over 20.000 employees and operations in more than 50 countries. The Shared Service Centre has more than 450 people of different nationalities, supporting their business in Europe, with an excellent dedication in Logistics, Finance, Administration and Customer Service to all our customers.
As a Collections Associate (DRC Specialist), your objective will be coordinating 3rd party agency collection and controlling risk.
You will be responsible for:
3rd Party Agency Collection:
- Coordinate "3rd Party" collection.
- Control risk by blocking clients for deliveries.
- Liaise with external collection agency to facilitate external collection process.
- Ensure all collection related queries (per phone or email) are responded to within set targets.
- Carry out analysis and prepare reports of Debt Recovery receivables and 3rd party performance.
- Prioritise major collection issues and opportunities.
- Negotiate payment plans and settlement agreements with clients via our 3rd Party Agency.
- Manage Legal action ledgers.
- Prepare documentation for legal cases when amicable collection is unsuccessful.
- Cooperate with lawyers. Follow-up of lawsuits.
Bankruptcies (Receivership and Liquidations):
- Manage the Bankruptcy ledgers.
- Ensure that all company and legal accounting regulations are complied.
- Prepare documentation and lodge claims.
Risk Assessment Analysis:
- Undertake regular reviews and analysis of own ledgers, highlighting major billing issues, regular offenders and potential bad debt exposures from customers failing to pay on time.
- Comply with loss provision scheme.
Account Reconciliation and Housekeeping:
- Investigate un-applied cash and short pays on the Debt Recovery ledgers. Clean small aged documents and balances in accordance with agreed policy.
- Investigate and allocate un-applied credits on DRC accounts by liaising with bailiffs, lawyers, Liquidators and Administrators.
- Executing clearings and write-offs as required.
- Support tax deductibles and VAT recovery according to local law.
- Understanding of the impact of DRC tasks on P&L results.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Fluent in French, Portuguese, and English.
- Preferably with a legal educational background.
- Preferably with some legal knowledge and B2B Collections experience.
- Experience in negotiation with customers and a number of internal stakeholders, dealing with collections, dispute management, account reconciliations, charges/payments.
- Understanding of customer accounts and general business workflows.
- Basic accounting knowledge, specifically customer accounting and bad debt expense.
- Capacity of fluent interpersonal negotiation both with external and internal customers.
- Firmness, ambition and sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative and collectively as a team.
- Self-motivation and focus on objectives and results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative and influencing skills, verbally and written.
- MS Office, ideally literate in Excel pivot tables, macros and formulas. SAP would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Stable position.
- Full-time position: Monday to Friday (08.00/09.00 - 17.00/18.00).
- Dynamic and multicultural working environment.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 184)