Payroll Specialist with Dutch and French
Location: Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
Department: Native speakers
Salary: Competitive salary
Contract: Long-term contract
Our client is a leading industrial gases company with more than 300 employees from 30 different nationalities with offices in Barcelona.
Work in the sunny Barcelona!
As a Payroll Specialist, your main task will be to ensure that the administration and coordination of the Belgium Payroll are managed effectively.
During your day to day:
- You will ensure accurate and timely processing of the payroll
- You will ensure fixed payroll data is accurately and timely transferred to regional payroll platform from SAP HR
- You will enter variable pay data into Payroll System
- You have to understand and be able to work with the NSSO website (declarations long-term illness or progressive work)
- You will initiate the monthly pay cycles and resolve pay generation issues
- You will manage expatriate payments for international assignees for assigned countries
- You will review system generated reports, determine if accurate process are accomplished and correct any errors.
- You will participate in internal controls design and testing (SOX)
- You will perform Ad Hoc reporting of payroll data
- You will perform tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll and benefits records (wages, commissions, incentives, hospitalization and other insurance policies, pensions schemes)
- You will respond to inquiries for the payrolls of assigned countries
- You will actively participate in payroll related work process improvement initiatives
- You will document all outside the system work practices and operating guidelines for assigned payrolls.
- You will participate in the development of best practices within the scope of payroll processing
- You will perform payroll control reconciliations (specifically DMFA)
- You will collaborate with external providers, stay current on payroll practices and regulations for the countries
- You will develop relationships with provider and Country HR Managers to ensure the smooth flow of payroll related information
- You will provide effective service to internal customers
- You will remit payments to tax and social insurance authorities and benefit providers, complete and submit any required regulatory forms
- You will calculate tax gross-ups for special payments
- You will establish payroll withholdings for court orders
- You will generate off-cycle payments as required
You are the person we are looking for if:
- You have proven experience in compensation and benefits
- You have, at least, 6 months relevant payroll experience
- You are passion in administration and accuracy
- You speak Dutch, English and French very well (working language)
- You are resistant to stress and meet deadlines in time
- You have a good knowledge of Excel
- You have experience in SAP payroll or any other payroll platform
- You have experience in an international HR services/payroll environment
- If you have knowledge of accounting is a big plus
- You will have a competitive salary package.
- You will work full time with a permanent contract.
- You will join a dynamic and professional work environment.
- The company you will be working for is based in Barcelona
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 353)