You can no longer apply to this job. This job is no longer available. Please contact us if you're interested in jobs like this one.
Software Engineer (Backend)
IT & E-Commerce
35.000 - 45.000 €
Our cliente is the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working in the IT division and reporting to the Project Manager. Your objective will be delivering high quality code.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Working with our product and operations teams to improve our clients experience.
- Delivering high quality code, well tested code.
- Providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Monitoring and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Working alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices; grow team’s excellence around the JVM, FP and cloud technologies.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Good English level.
- Work permit for the EU.
- 2 to 4 years of real, hands-on experience in backend programming in a professional environment.
-Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- Experience with strongly typed programming languages or willing to learn.
-While we do not require previous Java/Scala knowledge, you should be willing to learn them.
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
-Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
-Have knowledge of Java 8 and it’s functional bits.
-Have Scala Knowledge, is a big plus.
-Experience with Spring Framework (very welcome).
-Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
Salary: Competitive salary package.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote when needed.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Free English/Spanish/German classes.
(+34) 91 590 04 31 (Ext. 420)