Product Compliance Engineer
Location: Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Salary: Salario competitivo
Contract: De duración indefinida
You will join a multinational leading company dedicated to the pool and wellness sector. Founded in 1969, the company has extensive experience developing innovative services and products in the residential and commercial pool market on a global scale.
The Regulatory Product Compliance Engineer will work closely with the product management, marketing, engineering, legal, technical-writing and operations staff to identify applicable product safety and regulatory requirements for all products during product development and product improvement projects and will ensure that requirements are met.
During your day to day…
- You will champion the regulatory and compliance process for all pool products in EMEA being developed or that are currently in production to ensure continued compliance to all applicable Standards.
- You will initiate and handle required procedures with internal company staff and external regulatory agencies and consultants to revise or supplement all applicable regulatory certifications, as needed.
- You will drive efforts/projects to ensure completion of identified requirements for on-time product launches.
- You will work cross-functionally with all internal teams, e.g., engineering, product management, marketing, customer service, marketing, legal, field etc…. to monitor product safety concerns, serving as the conduit to report any feedback to the company’s Global Product Safety Council.
- You will participate in relevant industry standards/code development organizations and meetings to ensure up-to-date knowledge of all issues which affect products manufactured by the Company.
- You will provide knowledge and guidance regarding applicable regulations and standards to Factories R&D teams.
- You will support to the different factories/companies/vendors in evaluate 3th party products compliance (test certificates, product and packaging markings, instruction manuals and others).
- You will search and evaluate new standards/directives applicable to our product portfolio and update the requirements in case of changes.
- You will help to contact with external laboratories/consultants to perform the required product testing/evaluations.
- You will help define and maintain updated a NEW state of art compliance product data sheet area (per product family/product type).
- You will perform compliance presentations for different type of audiences.
- You will work proactively with the team and to have a state of art product compliance area inside our company intranet, including monthly news, compliance trainings, product updates…
- You will work together with supply chain team to define a common area to store custom requirements and updates (related to product compliance).
- You will assists Supports Engineering Lab Staff in development and maintenance of laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) as required for on-site product regulatory certification testing and Design Verification Testing (DVT).
You are the person we are looking for if…
- You have a degree in Engineering or a Ciclo Formativo de Grado Superior in Engineering.
- You have 3/5 years of experience in a similar role.
- You are able to read, understand and translate technical requirements to the R&D teams.
- You have electronic, electric, mechanical or chemical testing knowledge.
- You have good knowledge in International Certification processes under IEC, EN and UL standards.
- Good experience in excel in particular and in office in general.
- You speak native Spanish and fluent English.
You will have a permanent contract with a competitive salary, and will work full time from 9h to 18h (flexible).
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 119)