Mechanical engineer photovoltaic sector
Engineering & Pharma
The main responsibilities of the professional will be:
· Static calculation of structures
· Review of dynamic analysis from suppliers.
· Materials selection to grant protection level for the lifespan of the project
· Participate in the supervision of mounting and acceptance of structures, supporting the project management department. Punctual trips to site to train the project management department and to validate the structures in acceptance tests.
· Design a protocol of tests for the structures and support the Project management to perform it.
· Document the required solutions for technical advisors
· Design of small auxiliary structures
· Revision of the mechanical structure solution, including loads hypothesis, static calculation,
This position will work interdisciplinarity, supporting different departments and being implied during different phases of the project. Mainly:
· During Pre-engineering: inside engineering department: Validate the basic technical solution for the mechanical structures as describe in the engineering and design phase in the new projects.
· During purchasing engineering: Support the Procurement department validating the technical solutions proposed by providers, make all necessary clarifications and evaluate technically the offers from providers
· During detailed engineering: Inside the engineering the department: calculations of the structures decided to be mounted, checking the load, terrain, topology etc... used in the providers calculation. And making an independent cross check calculation of the mechanical structure, with an eye on complying with the mechanical constrains and another in the potential optimizations of the used structure.
· Execution: Support the project management department with any topic related to the mechanical structure, including mounting supervision, galvanized coating testing and acceptance.
· Operation and maintenance: Support the Operations and maintenance department with any mechanical structure related issue
· A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in mechanical engineering.
· Minimum 2 years' experience in structure calculations.
· Experience with photovoltaics systems: fix structures and trackers is highly valuated.
· Significant design engineering knowledge of Mechanical systems
· The candidate will demonstrate a high technical level experience
· Result orientated - focuses on delivery and issue resolution.
· Proficiency in MS Office required (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); proficiency in MS Project a plus
· Autocad advanced user
· Knowledge of mechanical analysis software (Cype and others)
· Excellent communication skills
· Language - must possess advanced verbal and written capability in English.
-Incorporation to a company in constant growth
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 292)