Profiles Administración y Finanzas
You will work in a leading multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise based in the heart of Barcelona.
As Finance Manager you will be a key member of the leadership team of this university - a separate legal entity that is a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest Australian University. You will be responsible for ensuring that the University’s taxation, management and statutory reports comply with all financial accounting, taxation and governance requirement. The role is also required to manage the day-to-day accounting and reporting management of the university and enabling Financial Services Group to have accurate timely and relevant information on financial accounts and governance matters.
Reports to: Associate Director, Planning Resources with a dotted line to Associate Director Financial Controls
During your day-to-day, you will:
• You will prepare financial and management reports for a range of stakeholders.
• You will be responsable for the financial end of month duties (review and payment of salaries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc)
• You will be in charge of reconciliation of all company accounts
• You will provide various reports such as Profit and Loss, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet, Capex, Headcount, Taxes
• You will identify and mitigate risks within scope of work and act to minimise those
• You will be in charge of preparation of budgets including scenario modelling
• You will be accountable for the financial management of EU-funded research projects
You are the perfect candidate if you:
• Have minimum of a Master qualification in Accounting / Finance discipline (Master degree and professional
qualifications are preferred)
• At least five years’ experience in Financial, Management and Tax accounting for a medium size business,
preferably with international connections.
• High level proficiency in English and Spanish (Catalan would also be an advantage)
• Working rights in Spain
• Knowledge of European funding programmes
• Knowledge of education sector, and experience working in a university or research centre
• Working knowledge of Workday would be a strong advantage
• Permanent contract.
• Full time position.
• Competitive Salary
• Join an expanding company!