Collections Associate with a Native Level of Dutch
Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
We require a Collections Associate to become part of a successful European team based in Cornella.
As a Collections Associate, your main responsibilities will be:
- Minimizing Business investment in receivables.
- Minimizing interest losses on outstanding amounts.
- Maintaining appropriate Ledger housekeeping, general customer accounting reconciliations and up to date records to satisfy company standards and deadlines.
- Balancing the potential profit with potential risk in granting and collecting credit to our customers.
- Ensuring timely collections of outstanding balances from customers according to escalation policy.
- Ensuring customer calls and emails are responded to within department targets. Identifying any customer complaints and escalating as appropriate.
- Anticipating and communicating with customer services, sales representative, customer about disputed items, present and potential payment issues, credit hold situation.
- Supporting and being backup for other collector’s associates.
- Liaising with the credit collections team lead about all credit issues.
- Keeping accurate and up to date logs of individual customer information.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- Experience in negotiation with customers and a number of internal stakeholders, dealing with collections, dispute management, account reconciliations, charges/payments.
- Preferably with some legal knowledge and B2B Collections experience.
- Understanding of customer accounts and general business workflows.
- Basic accounting knowledge, specifically customer accounting and bad debt expense.
- Capacity of fluent interpersonal negotiation both with external and internal customers.
- Firmness, ambition and sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative and collectively as a team.
- Self-motivation and focus on objectives and results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative and influencing skills, verbally and written.
- MS Office, ideally literate in Excel pivot tables, macros and formulas would be beneficial but not essential.
- Competitive salary package.
- Stable offer.
- You will find a great company with a multicultural environment and real possibilities of professional development.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 214)