Collections Associate with a Native Level of Dutch
Location: Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
Department: Native speakers
Salary: Salario competitivo
Contract: Indefinite contract
You will join a world-leading Industrial Gases company with approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, with a multicultural environment. Their offices are located in Cornellà de Llobregat, very well connected both by car and public transport, and you will be able to continue boosting your career.
As a Collections Associate, your main objective will be to balance potential profit with potential risk and ensure timely collections of outstanding balances.
During your day to day:
- You will minimise business investment in receivables.
- You will minimise interest losses on outstanding amounts.
- You will maintain appropriate Ledger housekeeping, general customer accounting reconciliations and up to date records to satisfy company standards and deadlines.
- You will balance potential profit with potential risk in granting and collecting credit to our customers.
- You will ensure timely collections of outstanding balances from customers according to escalation policy.
- You will ensure customer calls and emails are responded to within department targets, and identify any customer complaints and escalating as appropriate.
- You will anticipate and communicate with customer services, sales representatives, and customers about disputed items, present and potential payment issues, credit hold situation.
- You will support and be the backup for other collector associates.
- You will liaise with the credit collections team lead about all credit issues.
- You will keep accurate and up to date logs of individual customer information.
You are the person we are looking for if:
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other European language would be a plus.
- You have experience in negotiation with customers and a number of internal stakeholders, dealing with collections, dispute management, account reconciliations, charges/payments.
- You preferably have some legal knowledge and B2B Collections experience.
- You understand customer accounts and general business workflows.
- You have basic accounting knowledge, specifically customer accounting and bad debt expense.
- You are capable of fluent interpersonal negotiation both with external and internal customers.
- You have a firm personality, with ambition and a sense of ownership and responsibility.
- You are able to work under pressure and on own initiative and collectively as a team.
- You are self-motivated and focused on objectives and results.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communicative and influencing skills, verbally and written.
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office, ideally literate in Excel pivot tables, macros and formulas but not necessarily.
- You will receive a competitive salary package.
- You will have a stable position in a multinational company.
- You will have the chance to grow and develop yourself within the company.
- You will work in a modern office with great connection to public transport.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 232)