Collections Associate with Native Level of English
Cornellà de Llobregat, Spain
Our client is a chemical multinational company with over 20.000 employees and operations in more than 50 countries. The Shared Service Centre has more than 450 people of different nationalities, supporting their business in Europe, with an excellent dedication in Logistics, Finance, Administration and Customer Service to all our customers.
As a Collector, you will be working for the English and Middle Eastern market, and your main objective will be minimising risk and interest losses, and balancing potential profit with potential risk.
You will be responsible for:
- Minimising Business investment in receivables.
- Minimising interest losses on outstanding amounts.
- Maintaining appropriate Ledger housekeeping, general customer accounting reconciliations and up to date records to satisfy company standards and deadlines.
- Balancing the potential profit with potential risk in granting and collecting credit to our customers.
- Ensuring timely collections of outstanding balances from customers according to the company's credit collections escalation policy.
- Ensuring customer calls and emails are responded to within department targets. Identifying any customer complaints and escalating as appropriate.
- Anticipating and communicating with customer services, sales representatives, customer about disputed items, present and potential payment issues, credit hold situation.
- Supporting and being backup for other collector associates.
- Liaising with the credit collections team lead about all credit issues.
- Keeping accurate and up to date logs of individual customer information.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Native level of English.
- Handling high levels of incoming calls activity, preferably in the area of Credit Collections.
- Negotiation with customers and a number of internal stakeholders, dealing with collections, dispute management, account reconciliations, charges/payments.
- Capacity of fluent interpersonal negotiation both with external and internal customers.
- Tenacity, ambition and sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative and collectively as a team.
- Self-motivation and focus on objectives and results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative and influencing skills, verbally and written.
- Understanding of customer accounts and general business workflows.
- Basic accounting knowledge, especially customer accounting.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- SAP would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Full time position (Monday to Friday).
- Excellent career growth opportunities in a stable company.
- Stable position.
- Dynamic and international working environment.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 216)