Senior Credit & Collections Specialist (Russian & Polish speaker)
Location: Maia, Portugal
Department: Native speakers
Salary: Competitive salary
Contract: Long-term contract
You will join an innovative, German company which is a leading supplier of sports goods operating all around the world. With more than 60 thousand employees it is specialized in designing and manufacturing shoes, clothing, and accessories within the sports sector. The offices are located in Maia, Portugal.
As a Senior Credit and Collections Specialist you will:
- Secure timely collection of receivables by working closely with the customer and other finance teams and resolving the causes of non-payment.
- Drive timely collection by following up on overdue invoices.
- Manage customer relationship.
- Assess review the credit risk on the customer on regular basis.
- Decide on the release of the blocked orders and ensure timely release.
- Provide insight in the development of the accounts receivable position of the customer to sales and finance teams.
- Act as the first point of contact for the process related issues and escalations.
- Manage the relationship with customer service and other stakeholders.
- Identify the improvement opportunities and support their implementation.
- Lead and improve focused projects for Credit and Collections.
- Support ongoing projects for the implementation of technology solutions.
- Ensure the lowest possible write off for uncollectable balances.
- Provide insight into the calculation of the required provision for uncollectable balances.
- Support requests from partner Finance departments.
- Establish and maintain strong financial controls over the work performed.
- Acting as the backup for the Team Leader.
You are the person we are looking for if you:
- Strong Finance Acumen.
- Solid experience with SAP.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English, Polish and Russian in a business setting.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and high degree of customer orientation.
- Solid interpersonal skills combined with a high degree of customer orientation.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly results driven and self-motivated team player with compassion, integrity, trust and perseverance.
- Keen to learn and approach subjects outside of comfort zone.
- 5 plus years relevant work experience in the accounting / business area.
- You will be offered a competitive salary.
- You will have the opportunity to grow within a multinational company.
- You will be part of one of the most respected sports brand in the world.
Monica Del Frate
(+34) 932 31 00 00 (Ext. 102)