Pricing Actuary Specialist with High Level English
Ubicación: Lisboa, Portugal
Salario: Competitive salary
Contrato: Long-term contract
The company is one of de biggest insurance groups in the world. The company has HQ in USA, and the office in Lisbon is very well connected with public transport and easy to get there by car. Great place to keep increasing your career.
You will join a world leader company with over 100 years’ experience in providing insurance to millions of customers around the world. The company was founded on the philosophy of fairness and doing the right thing for customers. Since 2011 the company began operating in north of Europe where have been focused on delivering fairness; offering top class insurance products at a fair price backed up by best in class support.
As a Pricing Actuary Specialist you will be responsable for manage and provide Pricing Analysis and assis business decision making. During your day to day:
• Deliver precise and timely Pricing analysis to assist business decision making, financial planning, and strategy development
• Recommending changes for key lines of business
• Develop, analyze and monitor KPI and assess expected and actual impact of pricing changes
• Build, validate and analyze Pricing models for a variety of purposes
• Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality.
• Great level of technical and nontechnical audience communication
• Develop positive relationships with other departments and business stakeholders
• Provide technical guidance on complex issues and Subject Matter Expert input to evolving GI Pricing policy
• Provide guidance and training to less experienced staff to help their learning and performance
• Support the on-going review of pricing practices, recommending changes and improvements according with best practice and business objectives combining with company policies and strategies
• Direct the development maintenance and improvement of Pricing tools
Innovation, new thinking, strategy
• Able to develop solutions, under your own initiative, using sound actuarial/statistical approach to both new and routine Pricing problems
You are the person we are looking for if you have:
• 3 years’ experience in a GI Pricing role
• Native/high level of English is mandatory
• Experience working in an international environment
• Analytical degree ideally in actuarial, mathematical or statistical studies and Masters on Actuarial Science or related fields
• Strong analytical skills and capable of applying methodologies to solve business issues
• Strong IT skills, feeling comfortable with basic programming and eager to develop new technological skills.
• Ideally, knowledge of GI actuarial modelling package such as Emblem, RADAR, Classifier, Earnix, SAS, R or Python will be an advantage
• Highly motivated with a genuine interest in GI Pricing
• Proactive person, with the ability to motivate and mentor peers and more junior team members
• Ability to manage different tasks at the same time and provide results
• Able to influence / negotiate with others to achieve solutions
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Excellent problem solver that can comfortably tackle different business problems
• You will have a stable and permanent contract with the company.
• You will have a full time position from Monday to Friday.
• You will have a competitive base salary + benefits
• Possibility to develop your skills and increase your career at the company.
• Be part of a dynamic and multicultural environment.
Daniel dos Santos
(+351) 21 145 01 53
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (Ext. 306)