Lo sentimos, esta vacante ya no está disponible. Por favor, visita nuestra web para encontrar puestos similares, o contacta con nosotros si tienes alguna duda. ¡Gracias!
Backend Developer (Scala)
IT & E-Commerce
Our client is the creator of a social conversation platform that allows you to aggregate and display the real time social buzz around your brand or event and show it on any screen. By inviting your audience to join the conversation you ignite an enormous social buzz and create a huge increase in audience engagement.
You will not be boxed in a confined space. We will expect you to think out of the box, to learn and improve yourself as a professional and to teach the rest of the team.
Who would we like to meet? Someone who has enough JVM-based experience but is either bored of Java's banana-monkey-jungle or already on the train of functional coding using Scala. Someone with experience on cloud services such as AWS. Someone who has heard about the actor model or CSP and thinks that Akka is quite something to be used. What about Play Framework? Someone that knows his way in persistence systems: relational databases knowledge is a basic, but what about columnar ones such as RedShift? And what about messaging patterns? Can we discuss about SQS or is Kafka not such a behemoth?
We need skills. But attitude, intelligence and eagerness to learn are in our top 3 most-preferred features.
What we ideally search for:
• At least 5 years of experience with JVM-based technologies: Java 8 is our current target but we are moving towards Scala. We make extensive use of Akka and Play Framework is becoming part of our stack
• Experience in architecture and design patterns (Enterprise Integration patterns? SOA? Microservices? DDD?). What have you worked on and what would you choose?
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Different persistence systems knowledge and fact-based opinions: relational vs document-based vs columnar-based
• Distributed messaging systems experience, specially SQS and Kinesis
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery experience. You have worked with Jenkins or similar tools. Unit, functional and integration testing are not alien to you
• Application security knowledge
• How to write well-designed and re-usable code and understanding of principles behind SOLID, and Clean Code is part of your literature
• Exposure to the Agile development process
• Intermediate English level
We offer you a platform to grow as a professional. Both in soft and hard skills. There is lots to do, to learn and to execute. You will participate of the growth of the product. And your voice will be actually heard. We aren't fans of top-down decision-making; by committee defines us better.
The team is composed of really nice and different personalities. You will have flexibility, but expectations are set, and commitment is key. And no, working late-nights is not the norm. You will have stressful moments, but we assume you are able to handle that.
Oh, about the fancy stuff. You will be working in Barcelona in one of the nicest neighbourhoods of the city: Gràcia. Our headquarters are based in central Amsterdam. And we own a boat parked in front of the office. So every time you come please ask to use it. It's actually too cool to leave it parked.
If you feel you got a match, please send us a line. We would love to hear more from you - and explain more from us.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 Ext. 314