International Underwriter with English & Portuguese/Spanish
- 30.000 €
Our client is a new business unit of a global leader in financial protection dedicated to developing partnership business.
• Pricing of Group Life, Personal Accident and Credit Life insurance products in Iberia Latam
• Writing of the answers to tenders and quote requests from prospects and customers;
• Conception and writing of legal documents linked to the insurance products quoted;
• Providing technical answers to RFPs (with the local company´s entities where relevant);
• Ensuring full compliance with local regulation, laws and Group internal guidelines, following up complex contractual, legal and tax issues;
• Monthly and daily reporting of the underwriting activity (number of quotations, evolution of products and markets, follow-up of legal evolutions…).
We are looking for a professional with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
• Qualified or Part-Qualified Actuary, or Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar
• 3-5 years’ experience within the Insurance industry
• Underwriting/Pricing experience in Insurance industry
• Expert knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of insurance markets and accounting
Very good interpersonal skills with clear communication skills
• Fluent spoken and written English and Portuguese or Spanish for day to day communication (fluency in all 3 languages will be considered a big plus)
• Presentation and Communication towards Commercial people, hierarchy and Risk Management counterparts.
Autonomy and team spirit requested.
• Meticulous and detail-oriented execution with responsibilities
• Exercise the ownership of the products quoted and follow ups.
• Respect of external deadlines and internal Service Level Agreements in providing the quotations and wordings
• Integrity and commitment to the given assignments
• Feedback from associated managers and internal/external clients (Entities, Partners, Commercial people, hierarchy)
• Salary around 30.000 - 35.000 euros gross / year (negotiable);
• Full time contract (35h);
• Attractive benefits;
• Flexible office hours (Monday to Friday);
• Opportunity of professional development.
+34 93 231 00 00 (ext. 209)
+351 21 145 01 53